Job Position: East Coast Market Development Manager
- East Coast: PA, NJ, MD, DC, DE, VA, NC, SC, GA,
Permanent, full-time, remotely located
About CarbonCure Technologies
CarbonCure Technologies is an award-winning Canadian clean technology company leading a global mission to reduce the carbon footprint of the built environment. CarbonCure is striving to achieve 500 megatonnes of annual carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions reductions through the standardization of CO2 utilization in concrete production. Our technology is proudly manufactured in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. CarbonCure was named the Cleantech Group Global 100’s Top North American Company in 2020 and is a finalist in the global NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE.
Our team is made up of energetic entrepreneurially-minded individuals who are passionate about collaborating with our concrete producer customers to drive meaningful solutions to combat climate change. Besides being dedicated to our mission, we believe in work-life balance and an active involvement in the local community. We value integrity and accountability, and our core values include high performance, collaboration, straight-talk, and continued innovation.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Sustainability, the Market Development Manager will be responsible for driving usage of concrete made with the CarbonCure Technology on construction projects within a defined region. The successful candidate will be expected to train and support CarbonCure’s concrete producer partners to effectively sell and market the CarbonCure Technology to end users. The successful candidate will work with these partners to drive demand for the use of CarbonCure by working with engineers, architects, and other end users to develop specifications for concrete made with CarbonCure’s CO2 mineralization technology.
The scope of this role is primarily customer service-oriented with a strong focus on sales and marketing, and applicants with demonstrated sales, business development, customer service, and training facilitation backgrounds will be prioritized. Technical training opportunities will be provided.
The Market Development Manager will be expected to:
- Train customer sales and marketing teams through virtual and in-person methods to empower CarbonCure’s concrete producer customers to effectively promote and sell concrete made with CarbonCure
- Manage relationships with new CarbonCure customers and guide them through the milestones of CarbonCure’s customer onboarding program
- Collaborate with CarbonCure’s sales, marketing, engineering, and technical services teams to provide a seamless, high-quality customer experience
- Represent CarbonCure and engage with private and public stakeholders and construction project team members to convert initial interest from end users into specifications
- Support CarbonCure customer’s efforts to eliminate barriers to using CarbonCure concrete, including project team education and prescriptive concrete specifications from structural engineers
- Coordinate the creation of marketing material as needed to support customer sales efforts
- Develop and communicate thought leadership on embodied carbon sustainability trends through self-directed learning, including in-person attendance and speaking at industry events
- Autonomously and effectively manage the needs of multiple customers
- Conduct frequent travel across North America to provide in-person customer service when safe to do so (travel is currently limited due to the COVID pandemic, though may eventually be 30%-50% of this role).
Expected Technical and Behavioural Skillsets
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including presentation delivery and public speaking
- Training and/or coaching facilitation skills, as demonstrated through professional and/or personal experience
- Exceptional sales skills, including sales meeting facilitation
- Experience in the building construction and design industries (e.g. architecture, engineering) and/or specification development in construction and/or ready-mix concrete industry is preferred
- A demonstrated willingness and ability to learn technical information quickly
- Ability to work autonomously with a geographically dispersed team
- Ability to use Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software programs, such as Salesforce
- Ability to nurture and sustain positive relationships across a broad range of individuals and industries
- A demonstrated personal passion for sustainability would be considered an asset
- Post-secondary education in a field related to business, structural engineering, architecture, sustainable design, and/or building construction and design
- 5+ years of experience in a related role, including but not limited to: building product specification development, concrete construction, design & construction consulting, business development, technical sales, or sales training program delivery with a proven ability to deliver results
- Experience with concrete engineering and concrete specifications knowledge would be considered an asset
- Sustainable design accreditations (e.g. LEED) would be considered an asset
- Legal ability to travel internationally within Canada and the United States
- A valid driver’s license