About CarbonCure Technologies
CarbonCure Technologies is an award-winning clean technology company leading a global mission to reduce the carbon footprint of concrete – the world’s most used building material. Our vision is to drive an annual reduction of 500 megatonnes of carbon dioxide(CO2) emissions; the equivalent of removing 100 million cars from the road. Our technology has been installed in over 400 concreteplants in North America, Asia, and Europe. CarbonCure is proud to be named the Cleantech Group Global 100’s Top North American Company in 2020, and the winner of the global NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE. We are backed by Breakthrough Energy Ventures, the Amazon Climate Pledge Fund, and Mitsubishi.
Our team is made up of energetic, entrepreneurial individuals who are passionate about driving meaningful solutions to combat climate change. Besides being dedicated to our mission, we believe in work-life balance and active involvement in our local community. Wevalue integrity and accountability; and our core values include high performance, collaboration, straight-talk, and continued innovation.We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we are here to change the world.
Purpose Driven Position
CarbonCure is seeking an individual to fill the role of Engineering Project Manager based out of our Dartmouth, NS Headquarters. The Engineering Project Manager works to develop field ready CO2 injection systems, oversee system commissioning, and assist our customers and distributors with technology integration with the objective to contribute to the overall success of CarbonCure Technologies and offer the best potential for commercial success and financial sustainability. Often this work will lead to intellectual property and patent development. In addition, the Engineering Project Manager is also responsible to contribute to a safe work environment at customer sites by following the required compliance programs.
What you'll need to succeed
- Degree in a field such as: Chemical, Process, Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering, Project Management with field experience in an industrial setting
- Knowledge of concrete testing, cement, admixtures, and experience working with concrete mix designs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to take direction and clearly translate to team members
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision, and problem solve in front of customers.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan, modify if required, and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and computer skills.
- Ability to write project reports and correspondence, and to speak effectively before small groups to communicate point of view.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to achieve pre-determined goals.
- Experience in a product development/R&D environment.
- Experience in an industrial environment/industrial equipment installation. Familiarity with concrete batch systems would be an asset.
- Knowledge of CO2 would be an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Self-motivated, easily adapts to new challenges and issues
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Individual must be organized and detail oriented
- Able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Able to deliver high caliber output under tight timelines, comfortable working in a work environment typical with start-up companies
- Must be willing to travel and have a valid passport
- Project management experience with equipment installation and commissioning is an asset
- Ability to read, understand and create basic electrical diagrams would be an asset
- Entry level understanding of computer languages Ladder Logic, Python, and C is an asset
What you'll be doing
- Oversee technology installation and commissioning remotely while directing customers/distributors at concrete ready-mix plants
- Oversee troubleshooting technical performance issues at existing licensee facilities
- Continuously seek out process improvements
- Coordinate commissioning schedule and supplier deliveries
- Collect data according to the testing procedure to optimize the technology performance
- Inform management of any pertinent customer or supplier relationship developments and any technology risks or improvements
- Preform customer mix design and strength data review and analysis
- Provide recommendations for mix design improvements and CarbonCure implementation for our distributors and customers
- Full-time position based out of our Dartmouth office
- This position will be supporting customers in North America, from coast to coast, so hours can be flexible when working with customers on the west coast
- A minimum of eight (8) hours Monday to Friday is required, with the possibility of additional time based on project and customer demand
- Some travel may be required, both domestic and international
- High functioning team dedicated to delighting our customers and making a global difference on climate change. Fail fast mentality typical with start-up companies
We are changing the world. We need you, so contact us.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you feel passionate about this opportunity and believe that you have the skills to excel in this role, apply! Or if this sounds like someone you know, please share this posting.
We want you to know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are committed to fostering diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.