About CarbonCure Technologies
CarbonCure Technologies is an award-winning Canadian clean technology company leading a global mission to reduce the carbon footprint of the built environment. CarbonCure is striving to achieve 500 megatonnes of annual carbon dioxide (CO2) emissions reductions through the standardization of CO2 utilization in concrete production. Our technology is proudly manufactured in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. CarbonCure was named the Cleantech Group Global 100’s Top North American Company in 2020 and is a finalist in the global NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE.
Our team is made up of energetic entrepreneurially-minded individuals who are passionate about collaborating with our concrete producer customers to drive meaningful solutions to combat climate change. Besides being dedicated to our mission, we believe in work-life balance and an active involvement in the local community. We value integrity and accountability, and our core values include high performance, collaboration, straight-talk, and continued innovation.
Purpose Driven Position
Reporting to the Senior Director of Product Development, the Application Engineer - Reclaimed Water will be responsible for managing the implementation and optimization of equipment installations for CarbonCure’s newly commercialized reclaimed water technology. The Application Engineer will facilitate the following:
- Oversee site-specific process design for new plant water technology installations
- Oversee technology installation and commissioning at licensee facilities
- Work with customers to develop an optimization and ramp-up program suitable for the customers operation
- Oversee the optimization of plant water management practices and CO2 injection processes at existing licensee facilities
- Collect and interpret data according to the testing procedure to optimize the technology performance
- Inform the Engineering Manager of any pertinent customer or supplier relationship developments and any technology risks or improvements
- Continuously seek out process improvements
- Work with install team to collect and manage plant performance information to support evolution of the plant water technology equipment
- Support R&D planning by communicating with R&D department and collecting relevant commissioning data
- Write technical reports and progress updates suitable to internal project management structure
- Support market development activities with engineering information
What you'll need to succeed
- A Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering
- 3-5 years of experience in an industrial setting
- Basic computer proficiency in excel, IT systems (ie. Salesforce)
- Experience writing project reports and correspondence, and to speaking effectively before small groups and with external parties to communicate multiple points of view
- Experience in new product development/R&D environment would be considered an asset
- Experience with SQL and Python programming language would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of concrete, cement, admixtures and CO2 would be an asset
- Ability to nurture positive relationships across a broad range of individuals and geographies.
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking abilities and a desire to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan, modify if required, and manage projects.
- Ability to maintain an overview of entire projects while continuing to attend to detailed technicalities.
- Critical thinking, logical planning, and the ability to draw conclusions from data.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills will be essential.
- Ability to plan and prioritize workload to achieve pre-determined goals.
- Ability to work independently and problem solve in front of customers.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Self-motivated, easily adapts to new challenges and issues.
- Working hours typical for a high-growth technology company
- Frequent pressure to meet deadlines
- Frequent travel on short notice
- Laboratory and industrial environment
- Up to 25% travel around Canada and the United States with possibility of other global destinations.
We are changing the world. We need you, so contact us.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest. Please note only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If you feel passionate about this opportunity and believe that you have the skills to excel in this role, apply! Or if this sounds like someone you know, please share this posting.
We want you to know that you can be a great candidate even if you don't fit everything we've described above. You can also have important skills we haven't thought of. If that's you, don't hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself. We are committed to fostering diversity in our organization and building an equitable and inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds and experiences. We're taking steps to meet that commitment. We especially encourage members of traditionally underrepresented communities to apply, including women, people of color, LGBTQ people, veterans, and people with disabilities.